Benjamin Marouski- CG Generalist
Macomb, Michigan 48042 United States
- Industry experience in: Modeling, Texturing, Compositing, Paint/Cleanup/Roto, Matchmoving, UV’ing, Lighting, Rendering, Retouching, Character and Rigid body Animation, Rigging, Data Prep
- Expert in Polygonal and NURBS modeling within Maya (hi and low poly)
- Advanced in all aspects of texturing and workflow primarily in Photoshop and Maya
- Advanced Knowledge and skill with lighting and Mental Ray & Vray Rendering/multi layer rendering and compositing (within Photoshop, AE and Nuke)
- Understanding of a production pipeline for film/commercials, from ingest to final product.
- I have lead a team of CG artists on multiple animation projects
- Worked hand in hand with a team of engineers in data translation and direction for technical projects
- Experience with Normal Map generation/modeling/texturing within Zbrush,
- I have a competitive spirit, which allows me to push others as well as push myself in the content created as a team.
- I’ve worked remotely on freelance jobs, so I am used to the workflow of working outside of a studio I’ve created assets for.
- Proven to be a fast learner and adapt well since my first job in the industry.
- Passion for video games, film, music, sports, and advertising.
Full Sail University July 2010
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Animation
Focus: Environment Artist
-Graduated top 10% of Class
-Featured in Graduate Showcase and asked to present for incoming students
Mental Ray, Vray
Basic: XSI ,AE
Team Detroit Inc. – The Park Dearborn, MI
CG Generalist September 2013-Present
-Texture, light and render photoreal Ford and Lincoln cars for commercial, web, and print.
-Nuke compositing, and photoshop retouching
The Quintek Group Sterling Heights, MI
Lead CG Artist April 2011-September 2013
- Photoreal Lighting/Rendering in Maya/MR , modeling, texturing, animation, retouching (photoshop) for Clients such as GM, SECO, AAM.
- In charge of CG team for animations, manage pipeline for cg to post.
With A Twist Studio Detroit, MI
Modeler/CG Generalist August2010-April2011
-“2011 Infiniti”- Car Prep, with CAD data from Maya to 3ds Max, dealt with rendering (VRay), shaders, re modeling, minor compositing
-“Jinn” – movie Release TBA, modeler, lighting/rendering, matchmover (syntheyes), roto artist, rotomation/animation, scene integration, uv layouts
“Lord Inquisitor” – Short Film
Freelance Artist Current Location
Environment Modeler June 2010-Present
-I am currently doing a side project with a few other artists from around the world; we put our passion of Warhammer and CG together to begin a short film. This is not full time but just a side project to keep my modeling and texturing chops busy and up to date. I am responsible for modeling based off of concept art given (and created by myself).
Every Bit Countz Current Location
Co Owner/Painter June 2012-Present
-I have always been a hobbyist and an artist so I combined my passion for painting and gaming to open a professional painting service for tabletop gaming and miniatures.
It has allowed me to stay in touch with traditional painting skills, which have translated back and forth with current 3d painting techniques and methods I used on a daily basis. www.everybitcountz.com
Full Sail University Winter Park, FL
CA Orientation Guide December 2009 – July 2010
- Monthly guide for Computer Animation department for the Behind the Scenes Tour In-depth understanding of the degree program with knowledge in all the classes offered to Computer Animation students
Full Sail University Winter Park, FL
Lab Monitor August 2009 – May 2010
- Responsible for opening up computer lab and monitoring students
- Help all underclassmen that need assistance with issues regarding student projects